Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bars, Face and Blood


‘’Can you do a forwards flip like you did yesterday on the bars! ’’. I said YES! So it began, I was on the bars  when UH OH struck. I lost my grip and there happened to be this hard matting right beneath me with dirt mixed in it. I screamed as I came whooshing down to meet the ground ….face first. Man you should have  heard my scream , it was a bloodthirsty sort of scream and there I was lying there crying with half my face covered in blood and dirt. All my friends started crowding around me and a duty teacher came and picked me up. My face was stinging like crazy. I was carried across the courts with all my friends trailing along behind me like ducklings following their mum. I was plonked down in the sickbay, Mrs Cacace started to dab my face trying to clean me up. My friends had gone out and were now trying to see me through the window like little kids staring at a lollie shop. Mum came and picked me up and we went home. Gee Wizz lemon fizz, when I walked into the school grounds all these kids were now buzzing around me asking me questions. I don’t know how I did it but I survived that day. That very day I walked up to the bars and can you guess what I said: CURSE YOU SLIPPERY BARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. This is very cool and sad.
    Love the vocabulary in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gee Greta - I really hope this is fiction! I really felt your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your pet

    ReplyDelete
  4. ouch Greta i would have said the same thing

    ReplyDelete