Friday, August 02, 2013

Cross Country

I could feel a monster yanking at my side as I zoomed around the field, huffing and puffing. Sweat was dripping down my face as the wind cut through my hair like a knife. My sneakers churning up the ground as I whipped past a group of boys. Saliva was swirling around my mouth and slipping and sliding down my dry throat. My legs were shaking and were ready to give out any minute now. Stomp and scuff went everyones shoes as I ran past the sandpit and collected yet another ice-block stick. The whistle blew and I halted to a stop and sat down. 5 ice-block sticks. Yay, next time 6. Gurgle, Gurgle as chilly water trickled down my throat. Ahhhh what a good feeling.

5 comments:

  1. What great describing words you have used Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great describing words you have used Greta

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic story, It feel like I am right there racing in this cross country event too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jam packed full of adjectives! Didn't think running was that fun....

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW That was awesome you have great taste in adjectives I was so amazed by your fantastic work effort and how you put more adjectives in to make it more exciting for the reader but my favourite was trickled.
    Good work
    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete