Friday, June 20, 2014

Matariki Cooking






Fried Bread.jpg

Last week Kauri hub had there Matariki day. I learnt heaps of new things and even a new recipe. One of the activities that I did after morning-tea was cooking with Donna and Justin. That was my favourite workshop of the day. In my cooking group was Sophia, Ryan, Brodie, Sam, Flynn and me. I was with Justin and we cooked Maori fried bread. The recipe too make them was:

Maori fried bread

5 cups of flour
5 teaspoons of baking powder
1 teaspoon of sugar
Sprinkle of salt

After we had cooked it on the stove in lots of oil, the fun part came up. Eating!!! The fillings to put in the fried bread were golden syrup, jam and real butter. They were delicious. The best thing was we got too have as many as we want. I only had three though.

Donna and Justin let us go early because we finished cooking about half an hour before the lunch bell so Mrs Lou let us outside too play handball on the courts for a while. I had decided too save a fried bread for Mrs Roil. I walked around holding onto the bread in a napkin for 25 minutes and it started going cold. I really wanted too give it too Mrs Roil but my tummy was hungry so in the end I ate it instead!

Matariki day was really interesting and I had lots of new experiences. On behalf of Room 10 I would like to thank Mrs Hardacker for organising this day for us. It was a great idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment