Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Netball

I am learning to organise my writing into paragraphs.
  • Use an introduction and conclusion
  • Keep to one topic.
  • Plan my ideas.



There’s Mayfair school. It was a Saturday so all the sports were on. It was just mum and me since all the boys were at rugby. Since there was rugby on as well as netball mum had to park the car ages away from Mayfair so we had to walk a long way.

When we arrived there all I saw were coaches and girls all ages and sizes in netball uniforms running and throwing balls everywhere. Mayfair had two courts and both of them had a game playing on them. Whistles and shouts of encouragement could be heard all over the courts and concret. I scanned the grounds looking for my coach Amber. When we couldn’t see Amber or my team I  looked at my watch and said to myself we should be warming up by now. We were versing the mayfair T+T’s and our game was at 9:45.



Eventually Amber and my team arrived and we got straight into practice. I asked Amber where Nikita and Emma were and Amber said that they were at camp so we have a new girl thats playing for the team. I learnt her name was Alex and she didn’t go to parkvale she went to te mata. She was very bright and was quickly making friends with madi, matilda and georgia. We played a game called ins and outs then did bounce passes and lobs. Amber called the team over and told us the positions we were playing. I was GD, GK, WD, WD. My favourite position is GK. I put on my bib then went to mum for a drink. Then we all went out on the court into our positions ready to go on the whistle. The bell signaled the 1st quarter to start and then there's the sound I never get sick of, the whistle! I was very excited as I darted around defending, jumping and shouting.



After our game I was all sweaty and hot. We did our 3 cheers for mayfair than one cheer for us. We shook hands then I went to my mum, took my bib off then grabbed a muesli bar and drink. I walked over to talk to my friends while mum talked with Amber. In the end the score was a draw 5-5. Mum called me over and we walked home.

II felt really good about the game and I was pleased with the score.This week my team are going to try hard to win. When I was playing I felt exited and determined as I always do playing netball.







3 comments:

  1. Wow Greta you used great adjectives

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very real account of your netball experience. Well done, Mum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very descriptive story about your netball game Greta. I wonder if you used a 'mind map' to plan your ideas or did the story just come to you naturally? Loved it! Dad.

    ReplyDelete